X3 Builders is looking for an experienced Design Project Manager to develop and deliver innovative workspace designs. This position is heavily focused on managing and producing projects throughout all phases of design and construction. The individual should be highly motivated to innovate new processes and deliver projects with limited guidance. This role requires a passion for complete ownership of project delivery and should demonstrate a robust technical understanding.
X3 Builders is a technology-enabled general contractor focused on vertical integration and agile project delivery through software automation. Our in-house architects, project managers and software engineers work together building internal tools to deliver construction projects from conceptual design to completion. We’re raising the bar in construction by rethinking standard processes, improving pricing and schedule certainty and offering more consistency across our clients’ portfolios. Our vision is to become completely vertically integrated with greater control and insight over design, construction and the supply chain.
About X3 Builders
X3 Builders was founded by two construction project managers that were determined to find a better way to deliver projects. Tired of the inefficiencies plaguing the construction industry, they created a payment application platform and launched it after graduating from Y Combinator S17. In 2018 the company pivoted to X3, building on top of our pay app software to create a complete project management suite that is used to build our projects today.
We’re backed by Y Combinator — one of the most respected technology accelerators, with portfolio companies including Airbnb, Dropbox and Plangrid. We’ve completed many successful projects with renowned developers and have a clear path to scaling the business.
- Develop and deliver innovative workspace designs with limited direction
- Produce documentation, detailed instructions, drawings and specifications
- Create and manage client deliverables throughout all phases of design
- Work closely with head of architecture to develop budget and schedule
- Regularly coordinate with in house construction team and consultants
- Identify and complete initiatives at a company level
- Create and manage design and drawing process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program, Master's Preferred
- 5 years professional experience in the architecture field.
- Passion for creating and delivering projects
- Proficient technical experience through all phases of design and construction
- Demonstrated ability to creating and coordinating drawing sets
- Experience coordinating work between consultants
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, ability to achieve goals and deadlines
- Proficient experience in Revit
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with limited information
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health & dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible location and hours (Bay Area)
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage startup directly with the founders
- Immense opportunity for growth as an early employee
X3 Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.