X3 Builders is looking for an experienced Design Technology Manager to build and establish a new BIM foundation for the design team at a new construction start up. You’ll be challenged with a broad range of responsibilities acting as the bridge between our in house design and software teams. This position demands a robust Revit and BIM management background and a passion to push the AEC industry towards new technology and processes.
X3 Builders is a technology-enabled general contractor focused on vertical integration and agile project delivery through software automation. Our in-house architects, project managers and software engineers work together building internal tools to deliver construction projects from conceptual design to completion. We’re raising the bar in construction by rethinking standard processes, improving pricing and schedule certainty and offering more consistency across our clients’ portfolios. Our vision is to become completely vertically integrated with greater control and insight over design, construction and the supply chain.
About X3 Builders
X3 Builders was founded by two construction project managers that were determined to find a better way to deliver projects. Tired of the inefficiencies plaguing the construction industry, they created a payment application platform and launched it after graduating from Y Combinator S17. In 2018 the company pivoted to X3, building on top of our pay app software to create a complete project management suite that is used to build our projects today.
We’re backed by Y Combinator — one of the most respected technology accelerators, with portfolio companies including Airbnb, Dropbox and Plangrid. We’ve completed many successful projects with renowned developers and have a clear path to scaling the business.
- Build and establish new BIM foundation
- Create, edit, and maintain BIM content, including Revit Templates, Families, Details, and Scripts
- Lead the development BIM architecture procedures and standards
- Coordinate with our in house software team on creation of BIM related scripts
- Work closely with head of architecture to identify and define BIM initiatives
- Assist with project specific approach to complex modeling and troubleshooting where required
- Identify and complete initiatives at a company level
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience as BIM Manager in architecture field
- Highly proficient in Revit and Dynamo
- Proficiency in all software platforms related to BIM/Revit applications such as AutoCaD/Rhino
- Experience creating and managing scripts to automate Revit functions/processes
- Using Revit data in third party software strongly desired
- Familiar with basic elements of building construction and managing construction documents required
- Experience developing and setting up BIM standards for a practice
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Enjoys creative thinking and problem solving
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health & dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible location and hours (Bay Area)
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage startup directly with the founders
- Immense opportunity for growth as an early employee
X3 Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.