X3 Builders is looking for a motivated Job Captain to develop and deliver innovative workspace designs. Working closely with the Head of Architecture, the Job Captain is responsible for assisting with documentation, design and coordination on multiple projects start to finish. The successful candidate can provide the bridge between creativity and the technical aspects of design, and can deliver projects with limited guidance. The individual should be highly motivated to work in a fast paced startup environment taking on a range of tasks.
X3 Builders is a technology-enabled general contractor focused on vertical integration and agile project delivery through software automation. Our in-house architects, project managers and software engineers work together building internal tools to deliver construction projects from conceptual design to completion. We’re raising the bar in construction by rethinking standard processes, improving pricing and schedule certainty and offering more consistency across our clients’ portfolios. Our vision is to become completely vertically integrated with greater control and insight over design, construction and the supply chain.
About X3 Builders
X3 Builders was founded by two construction project managers that were determined to find a better way to deliver projects. Tired of the inefficiencies plaguing the construction industry, they created a payment application platform and launched it after graduating from Y Combinator S17. In 2018 the company pivoted to X3, building on top of our pay app software to create a complete project management suite that is used to build our projects today.
We’re backed by Y Combinator — one of the most respected technology accelerators, with portfolio companies including Airbnb, Dropbox and Plangrid. We’ve completed many successful projects with renowned developers and have a clear path to scaling the business.
- Produce documentation, detailed instructions, drawings and specifications
- Create and manage design packages and presentations
- Work closely with head of architecture throughout all phases of design
- Work closely with in house construction team to review constructibility and cost
- Oversee and coordinate consultants
- Create and manage drawing documentation standards
Skills & Qualifications:
- Architectural Degree from an accredited program
- 3 years professional experience in the architecture field.
- Experience in Workplace Design / Tenant Improvement strongly preferred.
- Passion for creating and delivering projects
- Technical experience through all phases of design and construction
- Demonstrated ability in creating and coordinating drawing sets
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, ability to achieve goals and deadlines
- Proficient experience in Revit
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with limited information
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health & dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible location and hours (Bay Area)
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage startup directly with the founders
- Opportunity for growth as an early employee
X3 Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.