X3 Builders is looking for an experienced Software Developer (Laravel/PHP) to help develop our robust project management platform, supply chain tools and more. This person should be self-motivated and enjoy critical thinking and problem solving in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be challenged with a broad range of responsibilities at an early-stage company and have executive level visibility with a finger on the pulse of the organization.
X3 Builders is a technology-enabled general contractor focused on vertical integration and agile project delivery through software automation. Our in-house architects, project managers and software engineers work together building internal tools to deliver construction projects from conceptual design to completion. We’re raising the bar in construction by rethinking standard processes, improving pricing and schedule certainty and offering more consistency across our clients’ portfolios. Our vision is to become completely vertically integrated with greater control and insight over design, construction and the supply chain.
About X3 Builders
X3 Builders was founded by two construction project managers that were determined to find a better way to deliver projects. Tired of the inefficiencies plaguing the construction industry, they created a payment application platform and launched it after graduating from Y Combinator S17. In 2018 the company pivoted to X3, building on top of our pay app software to create a complete project management suite that is used to build our projects today.
We’re backed by Y Combinator — one of the most respected technology accelerators, with portfolio companies including Airbnb, Dropbox and Plangrid. We’ve completed many successful projects with renowned developers and have a clear path to scaling the business.
- Lead the development of back-end architecture
- Help with UI design & implementation
- Develop best practices for software development
- Work with the operations team to collect feedback for implementing new or improving features
- Monitor & manage project deliverables
- Update relevant stakeholders or team members on progress
- Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them
- Collaborate with company founders and participate in strategic planning
- Assist with qualifying and hiring additional engineering staff
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Laravel, PostgreSQL, Vue
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- Familiarity with Git in a team
- Experience working with API integrations for 3rd party services
- SaaS development experience a plus
- Experience developing complex applications
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with limited information
- Meeting both technical challenges and operational needs
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health & dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible location and hours (Bay Area)
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage startup directly with the founders
- Immense opportunity for growth as an early employee
X3 Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.