X3 Builders is looking for a Project Engineer to help drive growth, improve operations, manage construction activities and contribute to the overall success of the company. You’ll be challenged with a broad range of responsibilities at an early-stage company and have executive level visibility with a finger on the pulse of the organization. You’ll also play a critical role in the development of our robust web application, which powers our day-to-day operations and gives our clients unique visibility into their projects. As a leader at X3 Builders, you’ll be on the front-lines working with our clients and partners representing the X3 brand, our core values and delivering the best possible service.
Life at X3 Builders
As a start-up, we’re extremely agile. We do what it takes to get the job done. No team member is higher than the task at hand. If something isn’t working for us, we pride ourselves in coming up with great solutions. We despise spreadsheets and are constantly searching for better ways to work and build. We develop awesome software that drastically improves our operations, provides significant value to our clients and allows us to do much more with fewer resources. The phrase “we’ve always done it that way” doesn’t exist here. Working hard doesn’t mean we’re always working. We value productivity and results over hours behind a computer screen. We understand the importance of personal time and enjoy spending weekends with friends and family.
We’re backed by Y Combinator — one of the most respected technology accelerators, with portfolio companies including Airbnb, Dropbox and Plangrid. We’ve completed many successful projects this year with renowned developers and have a clear path to scaling the business. If you’ve ever dreamed of working at a startup or starting your own company, this is the role for you!
- RFIs, Submittals, Meeting Minutes, and Weekly Reports and coordinate fast-track TI's
- Help our Project Managers & Superintendents manage or estimate multiple projects simultaneously
- Monitor project deliverables
- Update relevant stakeholders or team members on the project progress
- Collaborate with company founders and participate in strategic planning
- Assist with qualifying and hiring additional staff
- Provide feedback to the X3 software team to implement or improve features
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years working as a PE for a commercial general contractor
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills, especially with subcontractors and our customers
- Ability to perform under pressure while remaining composed and cordial with clients and fellow employees
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with limited information
- Rigorous attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to work in new situations & learn new skills
- Strong computer skills and preference towards technology (Web and phone based apps, BIM, emerging con-tech, etc)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Equity (stock)
- Health (Kaiser) & Dental (Metlife)
- Vacation time
- Flexible work locations & hours
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage startup directly with the founders
- Immense opportunity for growth as employee one
X3 Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and navigate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.